[DeTomaso] A/F Gauge- wide or narrow?

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue Aug 2 19:29:07 EDT 2011

My experience has been different.  I have an AutoMeter narrow band.  I'll
admit that I would have purchased an AutoMeter wide band in the ProLite
series had they made them back then; however, they didn't.  The narrow band
was a great help to me in diagnosing my carb mixture issues.  It clearly
apprised me that I had the wrong size idle bleeds, pump shooter size and
ultimately the jets. I also found it to be consistent with the readings I
got while running a wide band simultaneously in the tail pipe on a Club Dyno
day.

While I am certain there are junk narrow band A/F gauges out there, I have
found the AutoMeter unit to be very helpful.  I would not hesitate to
recommend it to anyone.  That said, cost no issue - go wide.

JT