[DeTomaso] Toyo Tires

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Mon Aug 1 20:59:33 EDT 2011

>>>So how do you like these tires?

>>>Grip, wear, handling, noise, even looks, etc?

I would rate them excellent in all of the above categories.
Grip is excellent.....haven't slid yet, and I've pushed them really hard a few times.
Wear?  What wear?  I've put 9k miles on them in the last two years, and they still look like new.
Handling is superb.  Wheels are 7' & 8".
Noise?  If there is any, I can't tell.
Looks?  I like the aggressive look of the "V" pattern in the rear.  The tread patterns are somewhat
                different between the front and rear, as the two sizes were not available in the same tire "model".
                At a first quick glance, the different tread patterns aren't really noticed.  This is mainly due to the
                fact that not much of the front tire tread is visible when the wheels are pointed straight ahead.

There are probably better tires out there, but this on works very well for me.

>>>I believe they may no longer be available, which is too bad.  But they may be
>>>replaced/superseded by something similar someday.

Sadly, the ST 295/50R15 is no longer available from Toyo

John