[DeTomaso] Toyo Tires

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 20:48:03 EDT 2011

The reason I mentioned noise was that after I replaced the tires on my Cherokee with BF
Goodrich "Long Trail" tires I was shocked at how much they squeal!

Many times, too numerous to now count noise has been an issue.  One time I came squealing
around the corner of a parking lot at the ripping speed of 2 mph (slower than walking
speed) a woman near by nearly jumped into the bushes, and then gave me the look to kill...

It happens when the tire drives over "street paint".  The lines in the road, the parking
lot stripes etc...

I was once stopped by a cop who had only HEARD me coming.  I told him the tires squeal
even at slow speeds, and he allowed me to demonstrate (thankfully !) and he said my demo
helped me avoid a ticket.

Another time a passenger was dozing, only to explode into awakeness with much flailing and
swearing because the tires had gone over the white line a little.  He thought a crash was
imminent.  OK his experience was funny to me then and now, but not to him.

So now I consider tire noise.

Chuck

I'm running the Toyos on my car. I love them. Leaps and bounds better than BF Goodrich.

Look great, feel great. Noise? Who hears tires over the exhaust note. I do wish they said
Pirelli P-something on the side though.

I've got about 5,000 on mine and they are wearing great.

Regards,

Sent from my i5 Prototipo