[DeTomaso] Me again - Torque-age and Loctite on Flywheel bolts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Apr 30 21:57:06 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/30/11 18 45 28, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Getting there . . .
>
> I know the fly wheel bolts are torqued to 80 ft/lbs, but should I use blue
> or red Loctite?
>
> Same question for the pressure plate on the Loctite, and is there a torque
> spec for the six pressure plate bolts?

Not Loctite.   OIL.

Regular motor oil on the threads is what you need to get the appropriate
amount of 'grip' for a given amount of torque.

Flywheel to crank is 75-85 ft/lbs.

Pressure plate to flywheel is 35 ft/lbs.

Scroll down to the 351C section on this page:

http://www.gonzomotorsports.com/?p=71

Cheers!