[DeTomaso] Increasing Caster

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Apr 30 21:18:10 EDT 2011

Dear Mike,

                 Hmm, I can't tell you precisely, but the front tires on
Pantera number one with four degrees caster  (BFG Comp TA KD) required about
twelve years and 25-30000 miles to wear out.    Pantera number two with five
degrees has already gone through one set of *rear* tires with minimal signs
of wear on the front.   So, my redneck tire wear indicator suggests that the
5 degrees of positive caster has a pretty minor effect on increasing tire
wear, IMHO.

                              Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles