[DeTomaso] NPC - need help with throwout bearing on a 4 speed toploader

Cullen1972 cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:39:36 EDT 2011

Hi jack, excellent input. That all makes sense. The bellhousing has provisions for both the oem style arm and the pivot ball. I elected to use the oem style because i had an arm already and my wilwood master cylinder and slave kit was setup for oem style arm operation. But Lakewood could sell me the arm that runs on the pivot ball. I think the pivot ball was located on the opposite side of the input shaft which would have required it to be a 5.0 style pull to disengage Clutch operation, reversing my slave as well from a pull to a push if front mounted. Whew! Hope im making sense.

  On the othe side of that coin, I can see how shimming the pedastle where the arm pivots could ge ne there.... Possibly. Also the washer or shim on the yoke and carrier... Great idea!!! I'll call lakewood as one lister suggested off line, but this gives me a great direction.

Sent from my iPhone.