[DeTomaso] DMV registration question for fellow Kalifornians.

Bjoern Flesland bflesland at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 02:48:59 EDT 2011

So, all cars on CA historic plates are smog exempted bi-annually? 100% for
sure?
I am not able to verify that on the CA DMV website.
Taken from DMV CA website:

Smog inspections are required unless your vehicle is:

   - Hybrid
   - Gasoline powered 1975 year model or older
   - Diesel powered manufactured prior to 1998 or with a Gross Vehicle
   Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs
   - Electric
   - Natural gas powered with a GVWR rating of more than 14,000 lbs.
   - Motorcycle
   - Trailer

Are the historic plates just a paper exercise or do they actually inspect
vehicle before giving you historic plates?
Cheers Bjoern