[DeTomaso] NPC - need help with throwout bearing on a 4 speedtoploader

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 29 21:27:09 EDT 2011

Need more info.

Are you running the original style clutch linkage with z-bar/bell crank/push
or do you have a 5.0 pull style with the ball on the end of the clutch fork?

I ran a Lakewood scattershield in my FE Mustang with the original style
clutch linkage.  I also ran a dual friction diaphragm clutch.  It took the
same throwout bearing and everything else.  I had to remove the helper
spring from the clutch pedal, though.  Otherwise, the pedal would go to the
floor with the much lower pressure with a diaphragm.

My point is I doubt you're having a problem due to the scattershield.
Without seeing it, it sounds like you have the wrong clutch fork.