[DeTomaso] DMV citation more of the story

Peter Kovacs peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 29 13:27:50 EDT 2011

Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] DMV registration question for fellow Kalifornians.

I'm ESP. concerned as to what probable cause was to pull you over to begin
with.  was it smoking, were you speeding or committing another moving violation?
Legit stop. Speeding 64 in a 50 up to a motorcycle cop with a hand held radar
device. I can't cry foul there. I think that was part of the problem. I didn't
act upset enough about the speeding ticket so he turned up the heat to try and
make me cry. He seemed to be a bitter person wanting to share his misery and
feed his ego. He didn't bat an eye when the car didn't start. I pushed it .9 of
a mile home. He yelled at my 10 year old telling him he needed to have a license
for steering while I was pushing. Traumatized my poor kid. brake light out?
sounds like BS to me, it would never fly here in GA.  feel free to use my
address and register it here, screw CA. It was BS so your offer sounds tempting.

Now to be fair.... view the Flickr link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13517746@N07/   You'll see picts of the Vega
halfway down the first page. The car is not understated and attracts attention
for speeding tickets and does not appear to be stock. As originally stated, the
car is primarily used for charity events and local car shows but I am being
treated like a street racer menace to society and they don't really know what to
do with a 1972 vehicle so they are making up ridiculous requirements for me to
follow so I just pay the fine and they don't have to figure it out.
Michael