[DeTomaso] 71's are a crapshoot to match parts...agree or disagree

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Apr 28 17:14:30 EDT 2011

First of all, thanks to everybody that helped me source the M22 plug for the
side of my ZF. I got one from NAPA this morning.....but....it's not an M22
like my vendor said. It only cost me a quart of tranny oil on my garage
floor to determine the hole is larger than an M22. I put the top plug on the
side and now have this nifty looking periscope on the top of my Ziff, but I
was able to mount my driver side tranny mount. I've drilled out the broken
lower sway bar mount and noticed that with the driver side mount installed,
the passenger side mount is about 1/4 inch off center.  Looks like I'll be
making these mounts "adjustable".

The vendor states all the '71s are a crap shoot to get parts to fit. Agree
or Disagree?

--
Rob