[DeTomaso] DMV registration question for fellow Kalifornians.

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Apr 28 14:45:53 EDT 2011

 From http://dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm

---
Does my vehicle qualify for a smog exemption?

Smog inspections are required unless your vehicle is:

     * Hybrid
     * Gasoline powered 1975 year model or older
     * Diesel powered manufactured prior to 1998 or with a Gross Vehicle
Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs
     * Electric
     * Natural gas powered with a GVWR rating of more than 14,000 lbs.
     * Motorcycle
     * Trailer
---

No idea if you can legally alter the smog equipment, or if it is just
the inspections you're exempt from.

And why does DMV have a Chinese car (Volvo) at the top of the page?