[DeTomaso] DMV registration question for fellow Kalifornians.

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Thu Apr 28 11:23:15 EDT 2011

I bought my second Pantera in 2008, in California where I live. I went to
the DMV to register the car as a historical vehicle. I had done my homework,
reading all the info on their website. When I got to the desk where you
start the process, the guy said something to the effect, "you can't register
the car as a historical vehicle since it is not already registered as a
historical vehicle, WTF, are you FRIGGIN kidding me? !!!!!!!! So you're
telling me the car had to be produced as a historical vehicle, what a
friggin weenie. I made him keenly aware that I was not at all happy, so he
says he will let me talk the guy at the counter next to him who was supposed
to be the expert. The second guy said exactly the same FUC_ing thing!!! They
could not have been more arrogant! I guess they figured they worked at the
DMV so they had to know the vehicle code word for word, I KNEW they were
dead friggin wrong so I asked to speak to their supervisor. So by now I am
hot. I talk to their female supervisor who could not have been nicer, 180
degrees opposite to those two schmoes. She didn't know the answer but she
dug into it until she found the info and saw that I was dead right. She left
again and was gone for a few minutes. She came back and told me that she had
talked to said schmoes, and tuned them up good. I got the impression they
had their tails between their legs. LOL. Anyway, I got those idiots
straightened out. It paid to know the law by looking it up. Those guys were
trying to send me home KNOWING that they were correct. Did I mention that
they were SCHMOES?

Art