[DeTomaso] DMV registration question for fellow Kalifornians.

fastgrandma at aol.com fastgrandma at aol.com
Thu Apr 28 02:03:54 EDT 2011

I will say that's just one of the reasons we left CA!  Basically the DMV does not know diddly and if you get the 'real' word from one, another will say its wrong.  Many years ago I noticed that the registration notice we received was for our '56 Corvair.  Apparently somewhere along the line one of the non reading English workers had transposed the year as the Corvair wasn't made in '56 and the car was actually a 1965.

When I contacted DMV I was told that I would have to pay a fee to have their mistake corrected - yeah, right!  To the day we sold the car it was a 1956!  No way was I paying the state to change it!  And if any officer had questioned it I would've sent them right to the source of the problem.

Okay, yeah, they had quite a file on my complaints after 32 years in the state!  :)

Judy