[DeTomaso] Mr Fumble fingers has a question about gas tankfiller bolts

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 00:35:21 EDT 2011

You may find that your flexi-magnet is difficult to maneuver it to the screw because it will stick to both the body and the gas tank. You may also find the head of that magnet is too large to fit between the body and tank all the way down where the screw fell. Your best bet might be to get a coat hanger and bend an "L" or hook at the end and use that to get under the screw and pull up and out - I've successfully used this technique on several occasions to "flick" screws or nuts out of tight spaces  when I was Mr Fumble-Fingers.

Good luck!
Garth