[DeTomaso] Air Line

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Apr 27 00:22:13 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/26/11 5:44:33 PM, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> For our laser and plasma machine we are running a 1" air line. In my shop
> I ran the line out of steel but it was not near that large. We don't want
> to use steel due to rust and contamination. Any
> recommendations for commercial 1" air line?

In my shop, I set 3/4" copper tubing into the walls sweat-soldered together
with quick disconnects every 5 feet, around 3 sides. Don't recommend
poly-pipe. Even if solvent-welded, it will eventually crack from the constant
100lbs+ pressure. I also put a moisture trap on the compressor tank, and we're
in a desert area,   but unless I drain the tank weekly, I still get a little
moisture in the line. Good luck- JDeRyke