[DeTomaso] MSD distributor

BillsStore at aol.com BillsStore at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 15:53:12 EDT 2011

We installed the drop-in MSD Distributor.  Had a few install  problems.  1.
 Had to cut the coil stand off my manifold so  Distributor would rotate for
timing.  2.  Then the Distributor hit the  back cover of the cockpit if set
in wrong.  Kept knocking the car out of  timing till we figured out why. At
idle it was OK when we timed it but  then put the cover on and test drove
it and the timing would be  retarded.  When the engine would rock, the
distributor would be bumped  just enough to set it back out of time.  Not un
surmountable problems  but what was suppose to take a couple of hours, took all
day, a lot of  tools, and a lot of _x#@$_ (mailto:x#@$) *.

Bill V.