[DeTomaso] Cooling system schmutz (was Re: Holy Overflow Tank Batman!)

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:07:48 EDT 2011

Yes, the cleaning delivered AMAZING results.  What WAS  a normal drive with
200-210 degrees became 170-180 degrees.
What WAS  a 220-230 nervous stop at a drive through became 180 degrees  rock
steady behind 10 cars on a 90 degree day
AFTER an hour on the interstate going 75 -90 mph.

Had it removed, the radiator dipped, boiled, tanks removed and reinstalled,
passages cleaned and repainted ( $320.00 )
This was a Hall dual Pass Lay Forward unit (so a normal one should be lots
cheaper I think ). Plus I had a small leak repaired.

I used my own coolant creation mix of 30/70 made of 1 gallon yellow
concentrated PEAK,
1 bottle of red Water Wetter and 2.25 gallons of Distilled water, the whole
thing in a 5 gallon
bucket looked like old fashioned gas, it was sorta light Orange in color.

The car drives the BEST  ever, idling is greatly improved and my enjoyment
is ten fold.
I was constantly worried about blowing a head gasket or warping my AL heads
( been there, paid for that on other cars ).

It was by FAR the best 350.00 I have EVER spent on the car.

Michael Shortt