[DeTomaso] Tale of Caution

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 15:32:56 EDT 2011

Someone once estimated that around 80% of all performance car fires came
from modified fuel systems done wrong. And with all deference to Art- a pro
fireman- after a couple of Weber-carb fires, I carry 2-1/2 lb freon
extinguishers in all our cars plus a 5 lb one permenently in both the garage and shop.
No powder to clog the valve or to corrode everything it touches. They're a
little pricey and hard to get due to the Smog Lords currently in our gov't,
but you can still locate them. FWIW- J DeRyke