[DeTomaso] (Was Pilot Bushing Won't Budge) - Now THAT'S Increddible!!

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 14:49:13 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/24/11 8:35:19 PM, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> I did ask my ZF builder about them, and he gave the nod to the needle
> bearings.

.... and he's the one that will likely be selling you a $2600 input shaft
if the needles seize and wreck the shaft nose. That area, with only
self-contained lube, heat, intermittent shock-loads, vibration and abrasive dust from
the clutch is arguably the worst area in the whole car for a small
rolling-element bearing. Personally, I find it too risky. But its your car &
decision- Good luck- J Deryke