[DeTomaso] (Was Pilot Bushing Won't Budge) - Now THAT'S Increddible!!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:50:55 EDT 2011

My experience disagrees with at least apart of that statement. I had always used oilite bushings and when I purchased the GT5 the ZF was in process of full rebuild from Quella. After reinstall I found it had issues shifting and Dennis even drove it around Spring Mountain. We agreed to send it back to him and he pulled it apart again and could find nothing wrong. Upon installation I had the same issue, called Dennis and he had noted the input shaft looked a little 'polished' he sent me a needle pilot bushing to install and said he uses nothing but needle....... problem solved and FWIW ever since I have been using needle bearings.

Julian