[DeTomaso] Happy Easter NPC

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Apr 24 12:36:54 EDT 2011

I read the book a while ago and saw the movie last week.  Although I winced at the foul language in the book and and am compelled to protest the lack of any Biblically-based morality, I found Ayn's depiction of government gradually oozing into every area of our lives more than eerily insightful.  Although the book was written many years ago, it absolutely rings true today, and is an accurate description of what is happening now right before our eyes.
Without giving away the ending, I'll just say I wish that option were actually possible!
The film was OK, but trying to fit a book such as that into a movie, even in three parts, is a herculean task (or maybe an "Atlasian task...")  If someone hasn't read the book, he or she will be hard pressed to completely understand some of the points in the movie.  Having read the book, what I missed was the detailed descriptions and "back stories" of the various characters.  Without that, some of the impact of who is doing what is less impactful.
Still, I recommend everyone read the book and see the film.  If nothing else, maybe millions of people seeing it will send a message to certain members of our Government.
Sincerely,
Chris(the obviously conservative) PNW President
PS:  If any of you read Popular Hot Rodding, check out letters to the editor in the latest issue.  They printed part of my rant about environmentalists and extremists' disdain of hot rodding.