[DeTomaso] seat belt reel

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:15:29 EDT 2011

i think that the easiest and most economical solution would be to just
replace the whole assembly with Jeep units.  As a bonus you get dark black
webbing that looks better and isn't 40 years old in case you actually need
it to save your life.

Michael Shortt
On Apr 24, 2011 7:11 AM, "Justin Greisberg" <justingreisberg at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> As I restore my original 1974 seatbelts, I see that one of the reels has
lost its spring somewhere over the years, which would explain why it does
not wind up. I need a replacement reel mechanism - the one that bolts to the
firewall. Mine is missing the spring AND the little inertia-weight doo-dad
that causes it to latch under braking. Does anyone have any suggestions
where to pick up this reel? I will probably call the vendors and see if they
have a used one, and then replace mine and repair the seatbelt.