[DeTomaso] Muffler Choices

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sat Apr 23 19:32:55 EDT 2011

Lee, here's a muffler that is similar...Magnaflow 13288. Pretty similar to the muffler you have noted
but this one has 3" inlet with dual 2.5" outlet. It's a little wider at 9" and only 4" thick...same length at $61 a piece
from Summit. I have chromed slash cut tips that will weld right on and should look pretty correct.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-13288/

OR, take a look at the PI site front page slide show. Brad Diez has a red L with no rear bumper with what looks like
black glass packs and dual 4" stubby slash cut tips that really look good. Pretty custom setup.

I'm considering the 3" inlet which may be a bit more difficult to wind through the suspension and half shaft
area so I'm looking for a 3" oval tube to get a little more clearance through that area.

Best Regards, Tom