[DeTomaso] update on retrotek powerjection EFI

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 20:45:25 EDT 2011

I went with electronic fuel injection because I dont understand the fine points of carb tuning.  Now, after 18 months of dabbling from time to time with my computer and my car (probably 12 hours total on engine), I can say I dont understand the finer points of EFI.  But at least I dropped $2000 dollars on the EFI system!

Difficulties -- cold starting; cold idling; bogging on off-idle acceleration
successes -- warm idle; warm start; part throttle cruising and acceleration (Wow the thing really moves with CHI heads and intake - and I am just barely getting to know it)

Some more tuning to do, so maybe I will come back with happier review in a few weeks.   Justin