[DeTomaso] Carb mounting stud length

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:18:35 EDT 2011

Yup, me again

With all this removing and installing the carb, the partially stripped carb
mounting stud is now pretty well truly stripped. Anything more than
tight-finger-tight means free spinning.

Without removing the stud, can I tell what length I need?

Intake is a Weiand Xcelerator, and I've got what is probably 1/8" rubber
gasket thing between the carb and intake.

Any recommendations as to material and finish? I see bunches of options on
Summit. black oxide, zinc plated, etc etc

Thanks!

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>