[DeTomaso] spare tire

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:54:16 EDT 2011

Im sure Oklahoma is different that where most of you guys live...but I've
been driving one custom car or hotrod of some type since I was 16...like
many of us I'm sure. I have never carried a spare for in town, local driving
of a custom car. And I ( knock on wood) have never had a blow out. I don't
recall ever even having a flat that stranded me.... I don't mind saying it,
I'm not particularly superstitious. Granted I've only been driving for
about...uh....20 years.

Pick up your cell phone, call your brother or your wife, have them bring you
the spare tire you keep in the garage and the floor jack and lug
wrench....it happens so rarely for many of us....the risk seems minimal to
me.

I wouldn't however let AAA tow my pantera or custom car....if I could at all
avoid it. I have a flatbed trailer for really awkward moments, with an
electric winch if needed. Just sit with the car, have your closest friend or
family member bring you what you need and buy them dinner or a case of beer
and laugh about it later. Im not a fan of the fiberglass tub over the engine
bay...personally. I think its ugly and hides the beautiful engine bay...so
it will have no place on my car. If I want to bring extra storage I will
have the chase vehicle carry it for me...

That's my two cents. I expect it to probably not set well with everyone....i
guess the real experts are self sufficient and prepared for anything...
LOL..

Cullen