[DeTomaso] seat belt

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 13:36:20 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/19/11 3:51:16 AM, justingreisberg at hotmail.com writes:

> Before I re-install these guys, does anyone have any replacement
> suggestions?  The reels have cleaned up nicely and seem fine.

As long as the reels and insertion-ends are OK, why not find some surplus
Ford buckle-ends? I used the buckle ends from the jump-seats of an '89 Ford
extended-cab pickup, and not only were they about the right length and click
onto the stock belts, the screws holding them to the floor fits the Pantera,
and the plastic stand-up holders from the main seats can be shortened to
fit the Pantera too. The Ford buckles are plated but roughing them up and
spray painting would make them almost identical to the stock plastic-buckles in
appearance.
Replacing the other ends is complicated due to the reels and sewn-together
belt/shoulder harness in your '74. Good luck- J Deryke