[DeTomaso] Borla mufflers

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 18 19:06:45 EDT 2011

I believe it was PN 40943.

The Borla XR-1s were louder than stock, but they weren't that bad. Of course, it also depends on your cam, timing, and pipe sizes.  More cam overlap and/or less timing makes it louder.

Another interesting observation - with Webers, my car was much quieter and "tamer".  My wife came out and said, "What did you do to your car?  It sounds a lot better."  I almost put the Holley back on.