[DeTomaso] Hemi under glass - and craigslist ads for this week

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:37:37 EDT 2011

Good Morning List,

This first topic has almost zero Pantera content..but there was something on
here that reminded me of a question that came up for one lister's project.
Back in December, Clay Willmott asked about running a Buick GN turbo motor
in a Pantera.and there was some brief brainstorming on the list about the
different ways to get an automatic in Pantera application.well on this video
(which is cool as hell to me anyway) there is an example of a high-powered
mid engine automatic. I don't know for sure how it works mechanically, but
there is a great shot of the "transfer case?" at frame 5:00 sharp.

And regardless, it's a neat video, actually sent to me by one of my close
Pantera friends who lurks on the list.

Cullen

This is a must watch / great story

 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pwrqpfjrj4&feature=player_embedded> Click
here: YouTube - Hemi Under Glass Last Ride

And when you are done with that, here is some fun craigslist stuff this
morning:

This has been out there for a week or so, so I don't know the status. No
picks but I like the sound of it:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2320397289.html

Pantera or Mangusta Wanted?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/2321902253.html

Nice looking car.low miles

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/2318536325.html

Same goose that has been on ebay I presume. So either it didn't sell or the
ad is out of date?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2315615201.html

yellow 73 with pre L bumpers Still listed since march  30th or so:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2295078819.html

73 listed in Hawaii with no pics but described well, and low priced.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/2309535899.html

Still available? white 71(?) flat deck car, priced at 79K

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/2260750034.html

Still listed: Yellow 72 with 33k orig miles according to seller, listed at
35 grand. That's nearly one grand per original mile.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/2272218380.html

Red 72 by dealer in Reno NV, VIN 4295, no price, 82k miles on the clock

A friend of mine used to tell me that dealers would disguise prices into the
"stock numbers" so their salesmen could quickly look a the car in the lot
and know what the dealership was asking for it. If that rumor has any
merit.they want 55 grand for it.

http://reno.craigslist.org/ctd/2271244881.html

Same 71 in delaware with mystic paint.chuck I assume you have the VIN on
this one noted? 1776

http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/2252110641.html

Parts:

Transaxle only for sale in OHIO.price not given..

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2270648914.html

Grab Bag of parts in Tampa Florida, some gauges, springs, NEW STEERING WHEEL
( Wasn't a lister, Dan.looking for one?)  to 8" campy's and some stuff..

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/pts/2331440509.html

Atlanta stuff, radiator, coilovers and an air cleaner.. fair prices.low
prices

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/2328011770.html

same seller, more info:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/2267835844.html

Speedo cable in DC

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/2319270335.html

same seller with air cleaner pics:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/2318446137.html

and a mesh grill, looks nice if you like that old stock look.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/2318382837.html

valve covers and Hall BB mufflers: seems cheap?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/2328204092.html

the famous inland empire dude who seems to always sell and buy stuff.but
dang he wants top dollar for it.

LOTS of early 71 sheet metal here.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/2311720485.html

set of 4 campys with good rubber, pretty cheap id say with the tires low
miles..

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/2307747563.html