[DeTomaso] Bulkhead reduction kit pics

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon Apr 18 08:39:33 EDT 2011

"What happens if it breaks and you can't get another one of that specific
brand and size? ",

Since I was 16, I have always kept spare belts with me on every car I have
owned. It has saved me only twice in 32 years of driving, but worth the cost
if only for the piece of mind. Typically, if you lose a belt, it does not
stick around for you to match up the numbers at the auto parts store so why
not have a spare rather than remember exactly what belt to get?

Before I even had Kirk's kit installed, I had purchased a backup set of
belts that are in my front trunk along with whatever tools I need to do a
roadside repair.  The waterpump to crank fit is snug but quite doable with a
small rubber hammer to tap the waterpump pulley in place. The worst part was
getting the pulley bolt holes lined up which took me three tries and an
extra 15 minutes. No big deal.