[DeTomaso] Grp IV Clone on Ebay

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 14:16:12 EDT 2011

Interesting Grp IV clone in eBay right now.  Based on SN #2182
http://tinyurl.com/3qow8mv

Anybody know who it belongs to?  In Westfield, Ma

He's also got this yellow 72 for sale. #3215
http://tinyurl.com/3rypyz7

Chuck Melton, neither of these cars are in your registry by my search.

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest

Mike,

As to #2182, it is in the registry.  Perhaps why you didn't find it was because the VIN
in the ad is wrong.  (I searched using 2182, and not 02182) Here is 2182:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNLU02182/RTHPNLU02182.asp

(Which shows the same car from when it was for sale before.)

This current ad listed THPN    MG versus LU.

While "MG" is correct for a car with number 3182, it is invalid for #2182.

But the guy is also advertising 3215, for which "MG" IS valid.

So I would suspect a "typo" in the ad for 2182.

Not that this really matters to most people - grin.

I'd LOVE to have this car!  I wonder if he would be crazy enough to trade me straight
across for #4580?

(B I G   A $ $   G R I N )

Chuck