[DeTomaso] Fuel filter location

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:20:38 EDT 2011

Is there any reason a fuel filter should not be installed basically above
the intake manifold and next to the carb? On my car, I have a hard line
coming from the front of the motor which is connect to a hose roughly at
valve cover height.

The easiest would be to put the filter in this location, at the transition
from the hard line to the rubber fuel line, but I'm a little concerned about
heat. It might be resting on the intake manifold, which probably isn't so
bad, but the engine bay in general gets pretty warm.

I don't have easy access to the underside of the car.

Opinions?

Thanks!

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>