[DeTomaso] door windows

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 17 10:22:23 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/13/11 3 31 24, justingreisberg at hotmail.com writes:

> (Yes, I know there is an aftermarket kit that works better, but I am in
> too far with the stock stuff to change now).

I forgot to reply to this.

I had a similar problem in my car on the passenger side.   There are two
tracks at the rear; one is welded into the inside of the door, and the other
is part of the framework around the window when it is raised.   I found that
on my car, there was an anglar mismatch between the two.   Right where they
joined, the glass was forced to make a torturous bend, completely
unreasonable.

I wound up fixing it by removing the door handle, which gave me access to
the track welded to the back of the door.   Using an air saw, I was able to
trim away just an inch or so at the very top.   This then allowed a smooth
transition, and the glass has moved smoothly ever since. :>)