[DeTomaso] Puckered Oil Pan Bolt Holes

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 13:40:23 EDT 2011

I'm prepping my Armando oil pan to reinstall it, and notice that a number of
the bolt holes are puckered out on the mating surface: probably when I tried
to tighten them.  This certainly doesn't look like the gasket is going to
get a good seal this way.  How can I deal with it?

My first thought is to lay the oil pan on the upturned engine, and with a
flat-end block of hardwood over the bolt hole area, tap it back to flat
until the area is once again flush to the edge of the block.

Will I screw things up this way?

Needing sage advice in Covington
Mike Thomas