[DeTomaso] Parts store monkies

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Fri Apr 15 10:44:25 EDT 2011

These monkies are handcuffed by the system (computer part books ahahahahahha).

Try to make a friend - I did by accident (and had to hear about his newest project - a 70s van that still has the shag carpet and paneling = sweet mary and joseph) and learned that they have pictures (sometimes) and can tell you what other cars a part fits (somethimes).

I got stuck w/ a "manager" [1] once - I explained that Charles was helping find stuff by picture blah blah - Charles isn't here. year make and model (what a flicking nazi) of the car!

(ok, you flick, I thinks to myself)
1991 Mazda.

What model?

Miata

What do you need?

I need the whilrly thing for the fuel injection that look like this.

What motor? that's the 1.6, right?

No, its a 302  and it got worse from there.

Lesson: make a friend or look for the oldest guy there. and don't ever say day tomasoh or Pantera EVER.

Grouchy & Dirty
"yeah its all stock - it was in stock when I bought it"

[1] usually the guy w/ a pressed shirt and haircut that no longer cleans the toilets

"I find it worse than that... the 'employees' in the store can't do anything
without the 'year, make and model', but then don't want to look for anything
'different' beyond that. That would mean they'd have to 'work' a little.

I needed an upper radiator hose for my Lightning.
I give him the year, make and model.
2001 Ford Lightning with a supercharged 5.4.
'Oh, that's just an F150'
No, it's not. It's a Lightning. It's different.
'No, those F150's are all the same!'
No, it's different. A lot different.
He brings out a radiator hose and I tell him that won't fit.
'Sure it will!'
Come with me.
'Damn! It's got a supercharger on it!'
Yes, you idiot. It's a Lightning. It's not an F150.
Well, we don't have that then...
Thanks.
I've never been back... and told the manager I wouldn't be back, but they
didn't seem to care.

Oh, well... my local Ford dealer likes me and always gets the right thing.
Worth the slightly higher cost, I think."

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6044 (20110415) __________

http://www.eset.com