[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 81, Issue 14-MUFFLERS

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Thu Apr 14 23:26:59 EDT 2011

Bob

Indeed.  Still the case.  Rob Pink drove the car ~ 90 miles to the Space
City Pig Roast last weekend.

I love the 180s.  Contrary to comments recently from another lister who
doesn't like it when exhausts backfire, I am thrilled by it.  If I shift
above 4500 rpm, then BAM!! as I shift to the next gear.  If I let off the
accelerator at RPMs above 4000RPM in 2nd or first gear, then BAM!! BAM!!
BAM!! with flame out the back over one foot long like the youtube video with
Jeremy Clarkson behind the wheel.

I was told that might be mitigated by leaning out the jets a bit.  Heck, I
want to richen it to make it happen more.  It thrills me - the car is so
alive.

Neighbors aint complainin' At least to my face

JT