[DeTomaso] My idea for mufflers

Chance Dorsey chance.dorsey at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 23:27:34 EDT 2011

Hey all,

Since we're talking about mufflers, I thought I would mention what I plan to do for my car.

I found this muffler on ebay and purchased it:

http://tinyurl.com/4x4eezs

It's a 304 stainless crossover muffler that has a 22" case.

When I compare it to my original exhaust it's very similar in size.  Take a look:

OK, not really.....but if I cut the stainless muffler in half and weld a cap and single inlet on the open end, which happens to be where the crossover meets in the middle, then I'll have two separate mufflers that are about the same size as the original muffler.  Then I plan to weld the stainless tips on that are angled up similar to the Pre L mufflers.

I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully after I finish assembling the motor, how it sounds on a 393C.

Thanks,

Chance Dorsey