[DeTomaso] Borla mufflers

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Apr 13 20:13:57 EDT 2011

I had a set of Borlas on mine for a while. They were turbo-style mufflers
that had to be mounted on a diagonal to fit. It looked like crap, the
performance was good, the sound was awesome during acceleration, but they
had no back pressure and spit (minor backfires) when you let off the gas,
which I despise in cars. I spent a pretty penny to have them installed and
was pissed to find out that they were rubbing my tires and contacted my
drive shaft enough to unscrew the grease cap (dunno the official name).  I
made the shop put my stock mufflers back on and let them keep the Borlas.