[DeTomaso] Fun w/ brakes and questions - Brake Components

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Tue Apr 12 17:22:24 EDT 2011

Jack,

I have 7.5 x 2.5 mm EPDM (brake fluid suitable) material  O-rings which fit
the Pantera front calipers. They were a special order from  Allied Metrics
of Sparta, NJ.

Somehow, though I ordered 100 (their minimum special order), they  sent me
1,000. When I talked to the salesman about this he said, rather  sheepishly,
"Aw, just keep them." OK, I will.

If anyone needs these O-rings, send me your address and I'll send  you a
set of 4 (2 per front caliper). No charge.

Since you are taking your calipers apart, I also have M10 x 1.5 x  70 and
M10 x 1.5 x 60 Holo-Krome, made in USA, grade 12.9 socket head cap screws
which hold the caliper halves together. These come 50 to a box and cost about
$1  ea. So with "shipping and handling" let's say $6 for a set of 4 (2 70s
and 2  60s).

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com