[DeTomaso] NPC  Engine swap - extraordinaire

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 12 14:21:39 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/12/11 11 15 14, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> That one has been around for a couple years. There were a few 55's with
> Merlins around. What I really like, may be hard to see on the Utube
> video, easier to see on TV, as he drives down the road he clears the
> road of leaves and debree with the exhaust.

I met this guy a few months ago; turns out he lives just about 15 minutes
away from me.   He has hardly driven this car since he bought it (stole it
really) at auction a few years ago.   He said the first time he romped on the
gas while underway, the massive torque from the engine rolled the car
sideways so hard that it peeled the front tire right off the wheel!!!

He had an interesting collection, mostly of musclecars.   Interestingly, on
the day I visited him, he had just traded two of his 'blue-chip' musclecars
to one of his friends on the east coast.   The thing is, instead of getting
cash, he was given 17 (!) musclecars in return for his two.   The REALLY
interesting thing is that he had NO idea what he was going to be receiving!!!!
  He just trusted his friend to make him happy.   He had swept out a big
barn and was getting ready for a bunch of car transporters to arrive and
disgorge their cargo in a few days.

I wonder what he got, and if he was happy with his end of the deal?