[DeTomaso] Starter Stud Puzzle Solved

Jeff Udelson jefude at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 20:48:13 EDT 2011

Thank you to all who respond here and with personal e-mails.

I learned from one very knowledgeable owner that a properly made stud will have "interference fit" on the side of the stud that that goes into application. There is just enough difference that a nut will fit on easily but it will take more effort to get it set in this example the bell-housing.

Also I discovered that the starter stud threads in the bell-housing are tapped all the way through. This would seem to allow a bolt to run from the back side and a nut used like a stud.

Jeff