[DeTomaso] carb spacer and throttle linkage

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 11:01:37 EDT 2011

make sure that you use the little cardboard or rubber gaskets on the Carb
spacer and air cleaner.

i had a vacuum leak because one was missing.

Michael Shortt
On Apr 11, 2011 9:37 AM, "Cunnyngham, Christopher B (HSC)" <
CHRISTOPHER-CUNNYNGHAM at ouhsc.edu> wrote:
> As the weather warms I'm dealing with some heat soak issues and
percolation at the carburetor. As part of the solution I'm installing a
phenolic spacer between my Holley 750dp and H-M manifold. I'm trying to plan
for any modifications that might be necessary for the throttle cable and its
attachments. Currently the cable is running at near perfect horizontal and
allows for full open. However, adding a spacer is going to slightly alter
that geometry.

> With either 0.5" or 1" spacer the angle of the cable is going to be raised
just off horizontal, obviously more so for the larger spacer. Does it matter
if the cable isn't exactly horizontal? Do I need to either raise the
manifold bracket or provide a lower attachment on the carb linkage arm? Or
can I leave as is and just make whatever adjustment to be sure the throttle
opens fully?