[DeTomaso] quiet day

tmshinro at aol.com tmshinro at aol.com
Sat Apr 9 21:45:23 EDT 2011

 No changes were made for the 134.   The full expectation was that we would find some leaks with the dye, but it didn't happen.  The plan is to evacuate the system again and put in a full charge of 134 and the compatible oil.   The thinking is to see how long the system will work before spending any more money on replacing hoses, etc since it is relatively cheap to put 134 in.   I might add that when I got the car 24 years ago, the guy I got it from had installed an aftermarket heat exchanger that fits in the stock fan housing because the original was pretty beat up.

We'll see what happens this summer.