[DeTomaso] Replacement Door Panels

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 19:33:16 EDT 2011

For stock type OEM looking door panels, use Masonite hardboard. I think my LandCruiser (or one of my vehicles) uses Masonite or 1/4" MDF as the base for the OEM door panels.

Here's a thread with instructions on how to make your own door panels - clever use of inexpensive solid pegboard from Home Depot:
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/73gt6br_doorpanels.htm

If you want to get really custom, you can use fiberglass, aluminum, or any combination of materials. This thread shows some custom door panels being fabbed. Although they're very custom and use fiberglass, bondo, and whatever else, they use 1/4" MDF as the base:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1036384

Post pics of your progress somewhere so we can watch!

Cheers!
Garth