[DeTomaso] Hood Pad Photos

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:17:02 EDT 2011

The Bad news is that the paint shop does not have my hood ready, in fact, it
is headed for
primer right now, so perhaps when I return next week, I'll have a hood to
complete
my mini restoration efforts up front.

The narrative on everything is not finished ( nor is the project ) so please
cut me a little slack.

The GREAT news is that the pads are awesome.

New and not 35 years old from eBay ( which I lost every auction trying to
buy a rare set ).

Photos are here.

http://www.michaelspantera.com/radiator.html

I went by the paint shop and test fit the pads to make sure they filled the
"pie slices", they did, I'm very pleased.

The one change that I didn't expect was the binding on the sides,
it isn't vinyl, it's cotton duck, the vinyl was binding up so badly
( i saw that on Wednesday) that it just made the whole thing look cheap.
the back side is also cotton duck.

Attachment can be done with snaps, velcro, headliner glue or industrial
strength two sided tape ( that's what I'm doing ).

If anybody else wants a set, here's the deal.

5 pieces, Black with black threads and black binding  189.95 plus 15.00 S &
H.

3 top pieces only ( cars with grills on the hood )

Black with black thread and binding   139.95 plus 15.00 S & H

Any other color vinyl add $20.00
Samples available or you send yours to be matched

Any other color thread add $20.00

any other color edge binding add $20.00
( that will also be the color of the backside )

Do your own math and send a check with shipping address to

Michael Shortt
1711 Dean Forest Road, suite H
Savannah, GA 31408

He said these will take 2 weeks from receipt of payment.

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com