[DeTomaso] OBX Mufflers

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 18:28:59 EDT 2011

The correct mufflers are the OBX DB001K as seen in this auction - these are the ones I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Dual-Muffler-2-5-Inlet-Exhaust-DB001k-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c59af87e0QQitemZ190483236832QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They are the SAME mufflers PI sells for $150 apiece - same muffler, box, packaging, etc. The only difference is that PI's mufflers don't have the OBX tag, which apparently pulls their value down by $100. :D  And, these are the muffler that are now notoriously difficult to find.

Several PCNC members have them and think they're great. Although the entire muffler assembly is longer than the stock mufflers, it's within a couple inches. John Columbero had by Lupe in Redwood City (Meineke) who tucked them in nicely and they just look RIGHT.

Dan - I have a set that I'd be willing to loan you for the dyno project if shipping isn't too much. Send me shipping info and when you think you might need them.

Cheers!
Garth