[DeTomaso] Cleaning a carb...

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:48:27 EDT 2011

Hi Gentle Readers

Yesterday's question was if DeTomaso had the foresight to install fuel
filters in their late model cars.

The general answer appears to be "um, no".

As a result, I suspect that my carburetor has been serving the function and
my hunch is that I have some crud somewhere that is giving me intermittant
issues. The carb was blueprinted and rebuilt (despite being new) in 2002 or
so and has been on the car ever since.

Is there a webpage with a good step-by-step procedure for how to disassemble
and clean a Holley 700DP? I have Dave Emanuel's book on Holleys, and there
is a procedure for complete rebuild - what I'd really like to know is what
steps I'd need to take to simply clean orfices and things that typically get
clogged, not replace gaskets/improve linkages, etc. that are probably just
fine.

Does anyone have a favorite reference?

Thanks!

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>