[DeTomaso] starter studs

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Wed Apr 6 11:01:56 EDT 2011

"I'm not an engineer. Maybe someone can explain the torque and twisting when
tightening a bolt in aluminum threads.  "

STRICTLY OPINION (if you don't know what that means, look it up)

the issue here is repeated use.  Pretty much every use will wear the threads, in this case it is NOT the steel bolt (which can easily be replaced) but the wear on the aluminum threads.  Which, if I'm correct here, canNOT be easily replaced.

the chance of needing to replace the steel stud is somewhat less.  those aluminum threads can be repaired - get that unit out on the bench and lets play!

end of opinion.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6019 (20110406) __________

http://www.eset.com