[DeTomaso] Service Manual

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 20:55:42 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/4/11 10 54 28, tmshinro at aol.com writes:

> After reading the thread on brake calipers and the difference between Ford
> era and post Ford era cars, a question popped into my head.   Did Detomaso
> provide a detailed service manual for his later cars like Ford did when
> they were importing/servicing the cars at Lincoln dealers?   I know there was
> a later parts manual (black with red GT5-S on the cover) but I've never
> seen anything but the Ford service manual and the TSBs.

There were two Ford service manuals.   The common one is designed for
consumer and technician use, while the less-common one is more detailed, but only
on a few procedures, and is designed specifically for the technicians that
were sent to Ford HQ to go to school on Pantera servicing.   It's their
textbook, if you will, called "Pantera Service Highlights".   Available from the
POCA store. :>)

As for De Tomaso themselves?   They could never produce an accurate wiring
diagram, much less a shop manual!   They did produce an updated version of
the owner's manual for the GT5-S and later GT5; it is the same as the red
cover manual of the L-model except it has added pages for the Maserati-style
A/C controls, and a GT5-S wiring diagram in the back.