[DeTomaso] Tail Light Modification

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Mon Apr 4 14:49:01 EDT 2011

Hello Julian,
The level of the lights may or may not be an optical illusion. According to my level, they are very close but I may wind up dropping the left one, (again), if it looks off to me in the future or if others agree that it looks off to them. The amber and red would be very easy to do. One of my unsolved issues are the back up lights. I haven't seen an add on one that I like yet. I can and will probably go with either an incandescent or led clear version. I like the look of the two red lights as opposed to changing one to clear, but I think I will have to make some sort of compromise. I can get a pretty close match in lens style if I stay with incandescent, the problem with those is that they are so clear that you can see the hardware inside which looks kind of weak to me. The problem with the LEDs is that they don't match the incandescent red bulbs. I prefer the more traditional look of the incandescent over the LEDs. So there are still some decisions to be made.

Thanks,
Art